Annual Business Meeting Notice
All NHLoGIN Members and Subscribers are hereby notified that NHLoGIN will hold its Annual Business Meeting at the Local Government Center in Concord, NH on Thursday January 19, beginning at 1:30 pm. Please note that all 2010 paid regular as well as honorary memberships were continued indefinitely at no charge, for those members that continue to satisfy all other membership eligibility requirements.
Regular members, as defined in the by-laws, are eligible to vote at this meeting, to nominate persons and/or run for office on the NHLoGIN Executive Board, to amend the NHLoGIN by-laws, and to offer any motions for consideration and voting by the membership at large. Per the by-laws, all regular members in attendance at this meeting will constitute a quorum.
The agenda for this business meeting is as follows:
1. Call to Order
2. Presentation of Financial Audit Results, per NHLoGIN Bylaws, Section VI.7.
3. Election of Officers. Regular members, as defined in the by-laws, are eligible to run for and to hold office on the Executive Board. All current elected board members' terms will expire at this meeting, and so all electable positions (President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, and 2 At-Large members) are available for nomination and election. We are in need of new board members as most current board members will have completed their maximum term per our by-laws. Terms for those elected will be effective through the 2013 annual business meeting.
4. By-Laws Amendments. Although none are being proposed by the Executive Board, others may be offered from the floor.
5. Any other business to be considered by the corporation.
6. Invitation to NHLoGIN "Meet, Greet, and Eat" immediately following the meeting (location TBA)
For more information, please see our by-laws, board members, and membership pages.
EVR Advisory Group
NHLoGIN is represented on the new EVR Advisory Group, established under the Electronic Vehicle Registration (EVR) program, RSA 261:74-s (http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/XXI/261/261-74-s.htm). In basic terms, this program will investigate ways for NH residents to register their vehicle at a NH dealership where it was purchased, without having to visit a Town Clerk or DMV Office.
In addition to NHLoGIN, other participating members representing local government are: NH City and Town Clerks' Association, the NH Government Finance Officers Association, the Municipal Management Association of NH, and the New Hampshire Municipal Association.
NHLoGIN members and registered subscribers to this portal are welcome to offer their input, which must be submitted by January 5, 2012. Instructions and more information are available in the NHLoGIN Forums. To learn more about this program and contribute your input, please login to this site, or become a subscriber (registration is free).
Calling all IT Professionals
NHLoGIN, and its Municipal Information Technology Committee (MITC) is the government IT professionals association in New Hampshire. MITC membership is open to all IT professionals working in NH municipal or county governments. MITC members enjoy all the benefits of NHLoGIN membership, plus:
- A forum and opportunity to share information and network with your counterparts elsewhere in NH for the exchange of ideas, information, techniques and best practices
- Access to dedicated MITC-members-only online resources and forums, including an online resource library of sample documents, proposals, planning tools, and other appropriate IT materials
- Local government IT-focused workshops, conferences, and other meetings
- Special vendor presentations and promotions
- Opportunities to serve as IT stakeholders and advisors to other NH government associations and State of NH agencies, especially the NH Office of Information Technology.
For over 10 years, NHLoGIN has helped government officials and employees from all over New Hampshire to collaborate with each other through our list serve and web site. With this web portal, we are proud to be able to offer even more resources for inter-governmental professional networking, online discussion, and information sharing.
To our fellow NH Local Government Center affiliate groups, we are offering several new services, such as secured discussion forums and a document library. We also offer affiliate groups the opportunity to participate in NHLoGIN initiatives through our Delegate Board Member positions. For more information, please contact us using the form at left.